Beautiful Bumi Hills stands proudly on a band of hills in Zimbabwe and overlooks the jewel-like waters of Lake Kariba. This sophisticated and luxury lodge offers spa treatments, an infinity pool, and well-appointed suites. From fishing to walking safaris, boating and game drives, there’s plenty to do at Bumi Hills.
Bumi Hills is a refined lodge set on a range of undulating hills in Matusadona National Park in Zimbabwe. The Zambezi escarpment forms the backdrop to Bumi Hills, while the foreground boasts views of Lake Kariba. The varied ecosystems provide a haven for a wealth of wildlife, which can be spotted while enjoying one of the many activities on offer From boating and game drives, to catch-and-release fishing, bird watching, walking safaris, and sunset cruises, there is something here for any discerning traveller.
There are 10 spacious and well-appointed suites, each beautifully constructed from a mix of stone and wood. Glass sliding doors spill out from the suites onto a wooden balcony with panoramic views of Lake Kariba. Each suite has an ensuite bathroom, a fully-stocked mini-bar, and air conditioning. In addition to the suites, there is a two-bedroom private villa with a living room and bar, a butler, a dedicated safari guide, and a gourmet chef. The decor throughout is a balance of wood, stone, and canvas, and decor accents of rattan chairs, copper taps, deep-set bathtubs and woven baskets ensure a distinctly African feel to the lodge.
One of the many highlights of staying at Bumi Hills is the huge turquoise pool mimicking Lake Kariba. A huge wooden deck with walkways linking suites to the main area houses a strategically placed fire pit and boma area. There’s also a bar and a beautiful restaurant on-site.
- Bumi Hills has incredible views of open grasslands, Lake Kariba and Zimbabwe’s untamed surrounds
- The infinity swimming pool is huge and boasts four-poster daybeds
- The sunset cruise on Lake Kariba is ideal for enjoying a sundowner and observing wildlife on the shores
- There are plenty of opportunities for cultural tours to local communities
- There’s a well-equipped gym and a beautiful wellness area
- Combines the best of land and water-based activities