The world-renowned Sossusvlei Dunes serve as the backdrop to charming and family-friendly Kulala Desert Lodge. For the more adventurous guest, Kulala Desert Lodge offers an opportunity to sleep in a rooftop star-bed, which forms part of each tented unit. From hot air ballooning to nature drives and more, Kulala Desert Lodge is the ideal base for exploring Sossusvlei.
- WHY WE LIKE CAPE GRACE
Kulala Desert Lodge is ideally located close to the terracotta colour Sossusvlei Dunes in the Kulala Wilderness Reserve. Guests will wake up to contrasting views of semi-arid wilderness flanked by bright red dunes, one of the most iconic scenes in Namibia.
There are 23 thatched and canvas tents, carefully constructed to withstand the soaring temperatures of the region. Three of the tented units are family-friendly. Each luxury tent comes with a wooden deck and an additional brick-and-mortar section with a flat-roof for stargazing. Units are all ensuite and have modern bathroom amenities. The decor is deeply reflective of typical safari type accommodation but incorporates a distinct North African architectural style. Main areas include a swimming pool adorned with deck chairs and umbrellas, a viewing deck overlooking a busy waterhole, and an outdoor restaurant and bar area.
The lodge is the perfect base to explore the multitude of activities in the area, which can easily be booked on-site. A few of these thrilling activities include hot air ballooning, day and night game drives, guided walks, and biking. Kulala Desert Lodge also has its in-house sundowner drives and experiences, designed to take in the rare beauty of one of Namibia's greatest regions.
- Staying at the lodge means guests have access to a private entrance into the famous Namib-Naukluft National Park
- All thatched tented units have a flat-roof section for sleep-outs and stargazing
- Guests are treated to unparalleled sunrise and sunset vistas, irrespective of the season
- Unique activities such as hot-air ballooning and camel rides can be arranged
- This is the closest lodge to Sossusvlei Dunes
- There are shaded areas around the swimming pool adorned with plenty of daybeds and sun loungers.