The inimitable Moditlo River Lodge adorns the banks of the Nbesi River in the Moditlo Game Reserve. This understated contemporary lodge boasts a fresh, modern atmosphere with crisp decor and wooden furnishings. In addition to daily game drives, Modlito has plenty of added-value luxuries at the lodge for the perfect escape into nature.
Situated in the game-rich Moditlo Game Reserve in the Kruger’s Blue Canyon Conservancy, sits the surprisingly modern Moditlo River Lodge. Encompassing 36,000 acres of pristine wilderness characterised by typical savannah punctuated by Maroela trees, Moditlo certainly provides the perfect habitat for a wealth of fauna and flora to flourish. As its name suggests, the lodge rests on the banks of a river and offers panoramic views of the wilderness. On-site activities include game drives and spa treatments, and off-site activities include hot-air ballooning, visits to wildlife rehabilitation centres, and tours of the Panorama Route.
This 18-bedroom lodge offers a choice of double and twin rooms, each interlinked to the main section of the lodge via raised wooden walkways. Each of the well-appointed rooms strikes a perfect balance between the bushveld atmosphere and stylish elegance and comes complete with stand-alone hot tubs. Rooms also have coffee stations, fully-stocked mini-bars, private entrances, and expansive decks with awe-inspiring views.
The hub of Moditlo is the main lodge where the magic happens. A sparkling swimming pool with a deck, a curio shop brimming with local wares, and inviting lounges with a stylish cocktail bar provide an inviting place for guests to kick back and relax.
- Indulgent on-site activities such as high-tea with all the trimmings
- A gourmet restaurant offering a choice of menus
- Options for dining under the stars around the boma area or under thatch cover
- A cocktail bar in the Lapa area with professional bartenders
- Scheduled morning and evening game drives
- Home to predators such as lions, leopards, wild dogs, and cheetahs elephants, hippos, and plains are in abundance