Ideally located on the shores of the glimmering Lake Malawi, Nkwichi is a veritable freshwater paradise offering a plethora of watersports. Guests can expect rock-pool baths, a “Lake of Stars” outdoor beach bed, and access to eight secluded beaches. Nkwichi truly is a sublime and magical destination.
Situated on the Mozambican shores of Lake Malawi, encompassing a stretch of eight secluded beaches, is the blissful Nkwichi. Beach chalets and houses are hidden among the shrubby vegetation and woodland forests, just a stone’s throw away from the gentle shores. The lodge is built from stone, thatch and natural wood elements—giving it a rustic beach-and-bush atmosphere.
The crystalline waters of the biodiverse lake provide the perfect playground for water lovers eager to explore Africa’s freshwater paradise. From stand-up paddleboarding to canoeing, snorkelling, dhow trips, fishing trips in a traditional dugout canoe, night cruises under star-studded skies, and the option to sleep on the beach, travellers are spoiled for choice.
Nkwichi has a choice of chalets and houses, all of which are tucked away in the vegetation on the lakeshores. Chalets are built using local materials and give an impression of being an extension of their environment. Furthermore, there are rock-pool baths carved out of the natural boulders of the area, and four-poster beds with mosquito nets. In total, there are six chalets. Nkwichi’s private houses offer discerning group travellers an exclusive experience complete with an in-house chef, private beach and lake access, and expansive patios with stellar views of the wilderness.
- There’s plenty of watersport equipment available at the lodge.
- An underwater world of colourful fish - a real-life aquarium.
- Secluded bays and untouched beaches waiting to be explored.
- A once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to canoe along the Rift Valley shoreline.
- Romantic lantern-lined dinners on secluded beaches can be arranged.
- The “Lake of Stars” star-bed provides romantics with an opportunity to sleep under the stars in a four-poster bed on the beach.