Be enchanted by the dazzling beauty of the Best of South Africa itinerary. From the sheer magnificence of Cape Town and Table Mountain to the wild and wonderful Kruger National Park, South Africa offers a wealth of iconic attractions to experience.
This Best of South Africa itinerary allows travellers to revel in the impressive melting pot of nature and culture, with a chance to visit and experience some of the top attractions in the country. From the majestic Table Mountain overlooking the dynamic city of Cape Town to the flagship Kruger National Park, this itinerary covers it all. Indulge the senses in tantalizing cuisine, fruity wines, sensational sunsets, and colourful neighborhoods, all while staying at some of the most luxurious accommodations. For the wine lovers, an escape from the trendy urban landscape of the city center to the idyllic towns, villages, and estates of the Cape Winelands makes for a welcome change. Arguably the most beautiful wine valley in the world, it is the food and wine capital of the country.
For a change of scenery and pace, the next part of this journey takes us to the country’s flagship national park, the Kruger National Park. Known worldwide as one of the ultimate safari destinations, Kruger National Park is home to the Big Five, as well as over 500 bird species, 100 reptiles, and nearly 150 mammals. Additionally, the numerous archaeological sites and flora diversity in the park add to the spectacular experiences. Combining the best of South Africa’s top two destinations for your South Africa vacation—Cape Town and the Kruger National Park—this incredible journey will entice travellers to come back for more.
- A scenic tour of Cape Town, including Table Mountain National Park or Signal Hill
- Browse the vibrant stalls at Greenmarket Square, one of the oldest markets in the city.
- Admire the beautiful Company Gardens, established by the Dutch in 1652.
- Drive past historic landmarks and lodges that belonged to the Dutch East India Company.
- Visit the traditional Cape Malay Quarter dating back to the 17th century.
- Explore the Cape Peninsula, visit the four secluded beaches of Clifton, and enjoy a cocktail at one of the trendy cafes in Camps Bay.
- Explore the former fishing village of Hout Bay.
- Drive along stunning Chapman’s Peak towards Cape Point, where the two oceans meet.
- Watch the antics of a local penguin colony and visit Simon’s Town—home to a famous naval military base.
- At an additional cost, take a trip to Robben Island with Nelson Mandela’s prison warden and gain a behind-the-scenes insight into Mandela and the lives of other political prisoners.
- Drive through Franschhoek, home to South Africa’s only Cap Classique Route with more than 20 producers.
- Sample some of the finest wines and discover how a band of French Huguenots settled here in 1688.
- Visit the Huguenot Memorial and museum and amble through the beautiful gardens of Franschhoek.
- Kick-off Day 5 at the Spice Route Winery and tantalize the taste buds with wine, beer, and chocolate.
- Visit a glassblowing studio and discover the fascinating world of producing gorgeous glasswork.
- Take a tour of the crocodile ponds at the Le Bonheur Crocodile Far,
- End the day at Spier Wine Estate, where the hosts combine wine tasting and a visit to the Eagle Encounter rehabilitation center.
- At an additional cost, choose to combine wine tasting with horse riding on a horseback adventure through some of the area’s scenic wine estates.
- Travel to world-renowned Kruger National Park, the largest game reserve in South Africa.
- Discover bushman rock paintings and majestic archaeological sites
- Numerous private wildlife reserves, including &BEYOND Ngala Private Game Reserve, share unfenced borders with this massive natural area, allowing wildlife to roam unfettered.
- Enjoy two guided game drives that venture out into the bush in search of the famous Big Five—rhinos, lions, elephants, Cape buffalo, and leopards.
- An experienced ranger and tracker team provide fascinating insights into the fauna and flora of the African bushveld.
- Book a specialist Walking Safari in advance and learn about animal tracks, plants, insects, and birds.
After breakfast, you will be transferred by road back to the Ngala Airstrip, where you will board a scheduled domestic flight to O.R Tambo International Airport in Johannesburg, where your adventure with us will end.
WALK WITH MANDELA
SHARK CAGE DIVING
3 nights Cape Town | 2 nights Cape Winelands | 4 nights Kruger National Park